All canine diagnostic test results from the VGL are eligible for submission to the OFA database. Including your dog’s DNA results in the OFA database benefits the breed, breeders, buyers, and researchers. For more information please see the OFA web page, Canine Health Information Center (CHIC).
Fee: $7.50 per test result when ordered with the test. (Effective December 1, 2021, this fee will increase to $10)
Results are transmitted to OFA within 30 days.
Past test results may be submitted to OFA directly. See the OFA website (link https://www.ofa.org/) in the Application Forms section.
By choosing to have your dog’s DNA results submitted to OFA, you agree to the following terms:
- You agree to have test results submitted to OFA by VGL. Submitting your results to OFA places them in the public domain. All results, whether normal, carrier, or affected, will be published by OFA according to their policies.
- You release the Veterinary Genetics Laboratory, Regents of the University of California, and OFA from any and all liability associated with the release of test information.
- Tests selected for submission to OFA may not be changed, cancelled, or refunded once the sample has arrived at the laboratory.
- You must contact OFA for any corrections to animal information in the OFA database. See FAQ - How do I get corrected or duplicate copy of my dog’s OFA certificate?
- The VGL offers the service of transmitting these records directly to OFA as a courtesy to our clients. OFA sets the fees and protocol for the submission process.