- Make sure the dog has not nursed or had anything to eat or drink for 30 minutes prior to collecting sample.
- Wash your hands before swabbing each dog.
- Sample one dog at a time. Complete the process before sampling another dog.
- Label brush sleeve with name or ID of dog to be sampled.
- Open brush sleeve by arrow and remove one brush by its handle.
- Place bristle head against the inside of the cheek and gums and swirl vigorously, eight to ten times.
- Wave the brush in the air for several seconds to air dry.
- Insert brush back into sleeve.
- Repeat steps 5 - 8 for each unused brush in sleeve on a fresh area of cheek and gums.
- Do not seal brushes in sleeve.
- Place all samples and submission forms in an envelope and return to the address provided.